So if you’ve been following my blog, you’ll notice that a rather nasty back injury disrupted my life in the second half of 2012. It also prevented me from ticking off my fitness challenges for 2012 – how inconsiderate.
Admittedly, some of the other non-fitness related challenges were neglected too, and that was simply because I just didn’t get to them. I’m not going to beat myself up about it though; having these challenges documented actually resulted in me reading more and running more than I did in previous years – so that’s still a good result for me!
I’m going to set some more challenges for 2013, but from what I just said, the first item on this list has to be:
1. Finish what you started! I.e. My incomplete lists from 2012:
- Participate in at least 25 5 km ParkRuns by end of 2013 (completed a whopping 6 runs in 2012!)
- Achieve a new 5 km Personal Best (current is still 25 minutes)
- Finish the 31 Day Nail Challenge (A year and a half later and I’m two-thirds of the way there!)
- Complete the books I’m already part way through reading (three done, three to go)
- Read 10 books I’ve always meant to (bought most of these in 2012 but didn’t start reading any…)
- Finish decorating my house (half-way there!)
- Watch 10 films I’ve always meant to (another half-finished list)
2. Concentrate all fitness efforts on becoming ‘back fit‘ – aim to return to roller derby training by July 2013* (*This goal can only really be measured with a deadline date, but if I’m not fit enough to train by July, that’s OK. The main thing is that I’m taking the proper steps to repair the damage in my back, then get even stronger to prevent further injury.)